DUTCH HARBOR’S POST-WWII SCRAPBOOKS
“Photo contributions of those who resided on Dutch Harbor after WWII”
The photos on this page are of post-WWII Unalaska, and were contributed by Russ Marvin who has been for
some time one of our premiere photo suppliers of events and places in the Aleutians.
Last Updated: 04/24/2017 13:09
1. The City of Unalaska.
2. The Russian Orthodox Church of the Holy Ascension of Christ. [Click
WWII view of the church provided by Martos Levine]
3. Looking over the bay from the Church of the Holy Ascension’s yard.
4. Memorial Park - memorials to fishermen, WWII Vets, and the Bearing Sea
5. A view seen along Summer Bay Road near Memorial Park.
6. The Grand Aleutian Hotel.
7. Fishing vessels in port at Dutch Harbor. Dutch is considered to be the busiest
fishing port in the USA! [Note: Watch the TV series “Deadliest Catch” on the
8. The Museum of the Aleutians. Visit the museum at
9. The Aleutian Blue Fox.
to learn more about Fox Farming.
10. One of many Bald Eagles seen in Alaska!
Photo by Russ Marvin